AutoComplete Assistance

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Hello,

Great work on porting this - I got the faceted search working exactly the way I wanted.

Now I am moving on to creating an autocomplete list and I am having trouble understanding the code in the unit test.

I think I get that you are passing in the "type in" text through the Prefix property of the FacetSpec object. However, it is difficult to understand the rest of what is going on without some context as to what the Body and Entity fields are, how they were indexed (were they stored?, were they analyzed?, etc), and how (or whether) they relate to the other fields in the other unit tests.

What I am trying to achieve is to have the autocomplete functionality work for all single or multi-word phrases. The terms in the phrases should be able to be entered in any order and the prompt should help to finish the entire phrase in most likely to least likely order (similar to the way it works on google).

It would be very helpful to see the code that you used to create the index as well as the raw data (XML would suffice) in order to understand completely what the unit test is doing.

Coordinator
Dec 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Hello.

There are several ways to implement autocomplete with BoboBrowse/Lucene. The code you are referring to is using approach similar to this http://solr.pl/en/2010/10/18/solr-and-autocomplete-part-1/
Pros:

• You can apply filters (facet selections) to autocomplete list
  • You will get count returned for every suggestion

Cons:

• Only "starts with" matching
  • Suggests only single term at a time (list of single terms actually)

Raw data will be problematically to extract, since this is something created long time ago.